Prev: Re: [OT] Personal hoody-hoo Next: Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo

Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 11:11:37 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo

At 6:27 AM -0700 9/13/02, John Atkinson wrote:

>Heh.  US public usage tends to try to pin things into
>bipolarity.  This is impossible as a rational
>political opinion encompasses a spectrum of things
>which may not fit into the two choices.  For instance,
>I believe in unlimited firearm ownership for
>non-felons without a record of mental disease.  I also
>wouldn't be bothered by decriminalization of marijuana
>or state recognition of homosexual relationships.  On

Up personal freedoms and liberties!

>the other hand, unlike your classical libertarian, I
>believe in the interstate highway system, air traffic
>controllers, large and well-funded Armed Forces, and
>an actively imperialistic foreign policy.  And the
>income tax.

I think it's more Jingoistic isn't it?

>That doesn't fit into a single category I'm aware of.

Same here. People have trouble grokking why I'm a member of the ACLU
_and_ the NRA. Of course, I was just bloody annoyed that after
joining the ACLU I some how got on Al Gore and Bill Clinton's "send
us money" list for junk mail. I'm so annoyed by it I'm going it give
the ACLU an earful about it first good opportunity I have. At least
the NRA puts me on mailing lists for neat catalogs and stuff. I've
yet to start receiving hard conservatives asking me for money.

>I end up voting Republican because I hate the
>Democratic Party (it being the official DP line that
>overseas military personnel should not have the right
>to vote[1]) but I'm not happy with a lot of the loons
>it throws up on a regular basis.

The moderates are ok on either side. Its the nutcases that really
make me wonder. Cynthia Mckinney for one....bloody good riddance.

- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Re: [OT] Personal hoody-hoo Next: Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo