Prev: Re: [SG] Low Quality Armies Next: RE: [DS] House Rule Ideas

RE: [DS] Avalon Inc Weapons

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 09:09:12 +1000
Subject: RE: [DS] Avalon Inc Weapons

G'day,

> OK, I can buy this for a dollar.  Expensive as hell,
> and probably also require FGP engines.

Yep I figured that too.

> I'm hesitant to hang this on PA since they have
> limited energy budgets.

These guys happen to be FGP powered too... <they have voiced some
dislike of
this idea, but being 6mm I have quashed their fears ;P>

> Eh?  No firer systems down?

Yep. I did this primarily because I'm also twiddling with an idea to get
rid
of firer system down chits altogether based on some comments about
Oerjan
and how any designer worth his salt who let out tanks who went down as
often
as they do in DS would be shot before breakfast. However I was also
thinking
along the lines of Avalon Inc's tech being at the point where they
didn't
suffer the average rate of breakdown seen in other armies and this was
one
subtle way of dealing with that.

Though I'm also thinking of giving different grades of back up systems
BASIC D6
ENH   D8
SUP   D10

Roll a 6+ to repair the downed systems.

> And if you're just changing the mobility kill
> to systems down, I wouldn't see why it's worth it.

I was after something a little different. A little more frustrating ;)

> Suggestion:  Instead of damaging when the damage =
> armor, it counts as target systems down.

Good idea!

> OK.  No real improvement over regular artillery, but
> it's good for those of us whose backgrounds include a
> bit of looting.

Not the reasons I was using, but I'm glad many can find a use for these
systems ;)

> Wait a minute. . . they look suspiciously like MDCs. .
> . but vulnerable to ablative armor.  Just a minute,
> here.  They are the same as MDCs, but with increased
> ranges for the size 1 and two.  Most noticable with
> the size 1.

I was after some longer range, potentially meaningful punch to match the
rest of the background. Feel free to consider them advanced (or messed
up
depending on your view) MDC ;)

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Re: [SG] Low Quality Armies Next: RE: [DS] House Rule Ideas