Prev: Re: [OT] Personal hoody-hoo Next: Re: CRUD armies

Re: Amazing dice rolls

From: Dances With Rocks <kochte@s...>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 23:15:47 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Amazing dice rolls

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Tony Christney wrote:

> The most unbelievable dice roll I ever had was playing Necromunda.
> In a close combat I had seven dice, my opponent 5. I rolled ALL
> sixes. Of course, I immediately made the comment that the only thing
> that could be worse would be if he rolled five ones. Which he
> proved by doing exactly that. A one in 2 billion chance by my
> calculations.
>
> Anyone else have some amazing dice stories?

Almost each and every time Aaron Teske and I got together
during the playtest phase of FB1. He would consistently
roll 6s (rolled 13 of them in a row once for a single
beam battery), whatever weapon system he was using whereas
I would consistently miss with p-torps, whatever the range.

This was such a common occurence that it became typical
for these rolls to happen for us. We finally stopped
telling the stories.  ;-)  (though I think Tomb has a
few of me from an ECC game he ran a few years ago; iirc,
one of the conversations went "Kochte, roll high. Do *not*
roll a '1'!", and I subsequently rolled yet another '1').

Indy

Prev: Re: [OT] Personal hoody-hoo Next: Re: CRUD armies