Prev: RE: Well Rounded Fleet? (FT) Next: RE: Well Rounded Fleet? (FT)

Re: Submarines was Re: Maisto Vehicles are Back at Wal-Mart!

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 18:38:05 -0400
Subject: Re: Submarines was Re: Maisto Vehicles are Back at Wal-Mart!

devans@nebraska.edu wrote:

> ***
> I have one Star Wars Calamari Cruiser that is perfect size, but I'm
> flexible in what I use. :-)
> ***
>
> OOooooo, perfect!

Yeah. The trick is finding more. :-/

> Very similar to an old Frank Herbert novel cover art.
> Dragons of the Sea? Been TOO long; however, I think it was an armed
> undersea tug, covertly removing oil from foreign off-coastal deposits.
> Suggest a scenerio to you? ;->=

*grin*

> ***
> And being that this *is* supposed to be futuristic, I think I may now
have
> a use for the Minbari cruiser micro machines, too...	 ;-)
> ***
>
> Hmm... Maybe I'm not twisted ENOUGH. They're too like the fish ships
that
> Stingray used to face. Now, the Narn ships...

*chuckle*
Wel, maybe the Hawai`ian Free State's subs are going to be more
fish-shaped.
;-)

> Oh, hell, use some GZG FT ships. Especially the smaller, non-winged
ESU and
> the boxier, medium NSL!

I thought about that, too. But most of them (esp the NSL) are too blunt
to be effective submersibles. You need something that is going to slip
through the water quietly, not barge through it like a bull in a china
shop.  ;-)

I'm working on abstract sonar rules, too, btw.	;-)

Mk

Prev: RE: Well Rounded Fleet? (FT) Next: RE: Well Rounded Fleet? (FT)