Prev: Re: Thinking out loud. . . Next: Re: Thinking out loud. . .

Re: Thinking out loud. . .

From: hal@b...
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 23:33:49 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Thinking out loud. . .

Hello John,
  If you want to use a baseline for population figures - as well as get
an
  idea of what the economies are for set nations, you might want to
  consider looking at http://www.umsl.edu/services/govdocs/wofact2001/
  In there, you will find information on varous nations including their
  population figures as well as estimated economic output, natural
  resources, as well as territorial issues (causes of potential
conflicts)
  as well as national issues.  It gives you birth and death rates along
  with the emmigration rates.

Having said all of that, your figure of 2 support personnel for every
"active" spaceman seems a wee bit low.	When discussing the "tail"
versus
"Fang" aspect of any military, I don't think the ratio is as low as 2:1.

If you want?  Ask some naval recruiter what the current tail is for the
navy and see if you can get the figures.  Better yet, find a liason
officer in public relations and ask him that question "What is the tail
teeth ratio in the navy?"
  Other than that, I can't offer you too much more.

Prev: Re: Thinking out loud. . . Next: Re: Thinking out loud. . .