Prev: [SG2] Range Bands for Support Weapons on Vehicles Next: Re: [SG2] Cover Penetration Question for all you Armour Experts

Re: [SG2] Cover Penetration Question for all you Armour Experts

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 15:56:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [SG2] Cover Penetration Question for all you Armour Experts

--- Allan Goodall <agoodall@att.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 12:54:54 -0700 (PDT), John
> Atkinson
> <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > But a proper tank fighting position is something
> else
> >entirely.
>
> Would a proper position (made from packed earth, I
> take it?) be mostly
> impervious to anti-tank fire or completely
> impervious?

Depends on where it hit.  A tank fighting position is
a hole dug in the ground, not dirt piled up on top.
So most shots would either fly over the tank or slam
into the ground and have a significant amount of dirt
to travel through.  I've got to go to work in a couple
hours, but tomorrow I'll post the data from the
Survivability manual.

John