Prev: RE: [SG2] Cover Penetration Question for all you Armour Experts Next: Re: [SG2] Cover Penetration Question for all you Armour Experts

[SG2] Range Bands for Support Weapons on Vehicles

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 17:05:55 -0500
Subject: [SG2] Range Bands for Support Weapons on Vehicles

What does everyone use as the range band size for vehicle-mounted
support
weapons, such as a SAW mounted on a tank or an AGL on an APC?

I went through the rules. This is a hole in the rules. It says that
support
weapons use should use the quality die of the squad firing it, but this
isn't
a squad firing it, it's a vehicle's crew (page 33).

The rules say that heavy weapons use range bands of 12", but these are
infantry support weapons, not heavy weapons (page 37, with definition of
heavy weapon on page 29).

It goes on to say that multipliers to the range band (i.e. 12" x the
size
class of the point target) are not for MAN-CARRIED and manually fired
weapons
(emphasis from the rulebook). This implies that there's a difference
between a
man-carried and manually fired weapon and one mounted on a vehicle (page
37).
These weapons are not man-carried, though they may be manually fired.

So, what is it? Do vehicle mounted infantry support weapons have 12"
range
bands ala class 1 weapons, or do they have the same range bands (based
on
quality) that their counterparts in a squad have?

I'm leaning towards quality die based range bands, but I'm curious how
others
handle this (and whether anyone has found a rule in the book to cover
this).

http://www.hyperbear.com

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances