Prev: Re: Naval Rules Next: Re: Naval Rules

Re: 2nd and 3rd rate powers

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 22:50:53 +1000
Subject: Re: 2nd and 3rd rate powers

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com>

> As for Thailand, they're (currently and AFAIK traditionally as well)
the
> most competent military force in SE Asia... and AFAIK the only SE
Asian
> nation which was not conquered/colonized by any European nation :-/

In 1941 they beat the stuffing out of the French on land - but got wiped
very comprehensively at sea.

In My Not-So-Humble and Professional Opinion, the Royal Thai Navy is at
least
as professional as many NATO navies, and rather better than some.

But then again, I'm biassed, having had some interesting chats with the
CinC, RTN.

OTOH... you have to remember the politics and feudal families in
Thailand,
forex the Chakrinareubet (Princess Royal), their STOVL carrier, has
extensive

Prev: Re: Naval Rules Next: Re: Naval Rules