Prev: Re: [FT] Starting speed Next: Re: 2nd and 3rd rate powers

Re: [FT] Starting speed

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 20:01:02 +0200
Subject: Re: [FT] Starting speed

DAWGIE wrote:

>WELL,	unless it is an all out assault already underwy,  most battles
>start with troops and vehicles moving into contact at less than balls
>the wall speeds.

[snip]

>un-necessary speed is just too hard on troops and vehicles to race
about
>all of the  time.

Err... Dawgie? If you look at the header you'll find that Laserlight was

asking about starting speeds in Full Thrust. Unless you fly through an
asteroid belt or there's a planet or star in your way, coasting along at

very high speeds is at most very marginally harder on your ship than
drifting at a space-snail's pace :-/

As for me, I usually start out somewhere in the 16-30 mu/turn speed
bracket
(for Cinematic battles); my usual opponents usually fly slightly slower.

'Course, given the size of my gaming table both sides have a couple
turns
to accellerate before the shooting begins :-)

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: [FT] Starting speed Next: Re: 2nd and 3rd rate powers