Prev: RE: The GZGverse UN Next: Re: 2nd/3rd rate powers - Africans...

RE: [FT] Unofficial stats\design principles for new fleets?

From: "Ian Cotgias" <icotgias@S...>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:19:31 +0100
Subject: RE: [FT] Unofficial stats\design principles for new fleets?

>> My IJN designs concentrated on Pulse Torps with
>> every class (even the Frigate) carrying at least
>> one. However the SBB only had 3, not 8! All ships
>> gave up armour and shields for structure.

>What else was on it?

3 class 3 beamers four class 2s and a lot of hull boxes. I allowed the
IJN to swap PDFs for Class-1s on the grounds that since they are turret
mounts they can probably be fairly easily retro-fitted. They may even be
the same basic weapon configured differently. It's Sci-fi so it's make
it up as you go along I guess.

>> I was wondering whether missiles ala More Thrust may
>> be a useful addition? Although they take up 2 mass,
>> a KV scattergun only takes it out on a "6". Has
>> anyone tried this?

>No, a KV scattergun automatically destroys it.

Yikes

Prev: RE: The GZGverse UN Next: Re: 2nd/3rd rate powers - Africans...