Prev: Re: Speaking of. . . Next: RE: [FT] Unofficial stats\design principles for new fleets?

Re: 2nd and 3rd rate powers

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 21:32:24 -0400
Subject: Re: 2nd and 3rd rate powers

John said:
> Actually, the Brits and Germans had first-rate forces
> going into WWI.

Yeah, and they had a long institutional military history, and they
lost lots and lots of guys because doctrine didn't match reality.

> > >7: Some PAU and some IF might well be 4th rate.
> > IFed militia probably have (unfulfilled) hopes of
> > being 4th rate.  The best IF Guards units are probably 2nd rate,
with a good
> > CO.

> Again, personal preference--you're making really
> cheerful assumptions about the IFed.

Not really.  I'm saying that the very best trained, best led and best
equipped IF units might make it up to the level of the nothing-special
NAC unit.

Prev: Re: Speaking of. . . Next: RE: [FT] Unofficial stats\design principles for new fleets?