Prev: Re: 2nd/3rd rate powers - Swiss/Scandinavians Next: RE: The GZGverse UN

Re: Speaking of. . .

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 08:43:59 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Speaking of. . .

On 15-Aug-02 at 00:06, John Atkinson (johnmatkinson@yahoo.com) wrote:

> Besides, Romans have really good equipment, but not
> much of it.  That's the entire motif of the force.
> You probably also think it's unfair that every one of
> my vehicles has superior fire control.  :)

Not unfair, just a static view of the world.  If all your
vehicles have superior fire control that means you are
bleeding edge and some should have better than superior.
When the new thing comes along nobody can afford to scrap
all the old and instantly replace the new.  If all the
force is Superior then it has been out for a considerable time
and you should be starting on ultra-mines-better-than-
yours.

The other problem is the military is change resistant top
to bottom.  Would you want to be thrown into a combat
situation with the brand new uber rifle that had never been
combat tested?	I personally wouldn't want to be the general
sending my men out with the "works great in field trials"
rifle.

Prev: Re: 2nd/3rd rate powers - Swiss/Scandinavians Next: RE: The GZGverse UN