Prev: Re: Allan's comments on GenCon Next: Re: [OT] GenCon (was Re: GenCon Plans Anyone?)

Re: Allan's comments on GenCon

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 14:42:38 -0500
Subject: Re: Allan's comments on GenCon

On Thu, 08 Aug 2002 11:32:20 -0400, Indy <kochte@stsci.edu> wrote:

>I was gonna say, anyone here on the list able to *afford* to go
>to that?? It was here in Baltimore not too long ago. I couldn't
>afford to even look in the door from the street (it was, I think,
>$45 for a 7-second peer in through the door ;-)

I answered too quick on that last post, but to Jerry, you might want to
find
out if game judges would get a discount.

I think there are plenty on the list who could afford to go. There are
plenty
that have gone to GenCon. If you're flying somewhere and staying at a
hotel,
the entrance fee is a small chunk of the overall cost.

That having been said, I probably won't go to it. I didn't much enjoy
myself
in Winnipeg, but that Worldcon was one of the worst ever. It was a
thought,
though. It would be cool to run some events there, if you could get in
for
free (or cheap), any way.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"
 - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator:
http://www.darkicon.com/Library/randsent.htm

Prev: Re: Allan's comments on GenCon Next: Re: [OT] GenCon (was Re: GenCon Plans Anyone?)