Prev: RE: [DS2] VTOLs, Confidence and other questions Next: Re: Colonizing other places in ours sytem

Re: GenCon Plans Anyone?

From: Scott Siebold <gamers@a...>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 23:46:54 -0500
Subject: Re: GenCon Plans Anyone?

I will be at gencon on Thursday but only as a buyer. I used to put on
games at this convention and attend all 4 days (originally 3 day) but
I stopped doing that as the number of miniature games started shrinking.
With gencon moving to Indianapolis this will be the last year that I
attend.

At one time this was the big convention of the year for ALL wargamers
(role playing, miniatures and board gamers). After the "role players"
(TSR) took over all the miniature games got stuck in side rooms where
only those playing the game could see the figures. The miniature gamers
 rebelled and went out and formed HMGS (Historical Miniature Gaming
Society). My SciFi games had to be classified as "future history" to be
put on at Little Wars ( midwest convention) but the East con
(historicon)
banned all SciFi and Fantasy in a knee-jerk reaction. In recent times
the
ban on SciFi and Fantasy has been lifted at historicon.

Except for the time I was in the army I attended all of the gencon
conventions since gencon II..

Scott Siebold

Prev: RE: [DS2] VTOLs, Confidence and other questions Next: Re: Colonizing other places in ours sytem