Prev: Re: [OT] startling spam, how to cut down on spam Next: Re: [FT] Missile magazines

Re: REALITY CHECK TIME!

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 18:54:10 +1000
Subject: Re: REALITY CHECK TIME!

From: "Ryan Gill" <rmgill@mindspring.com>

> One of the interesting things from the Aussie guys over on the ferret
> list is that the Aussie  assault troopers would debuss from the M113
> before the ramp was even down and would be to ground before it
> touched the ground. Additionally, when the ramp was opening they'd
> pull themselves over the edge and slide down the ramp into the
> vehicle to minimize the vehicle's time in the area and sitting
> stationary when they were being picked up. Conversely troops that
> were _just_ getting a ride, would wait for it to open all the way and
> close all the way.

That was my experience too - I'd kept quiet because things may have
changed a lot since the late 70's.
Of course when carrying a Karl Gustav + ammo, or even an M-60 with a
lot of ammo, you don't try this more than once.

Prev: Re: [OT] startling spam, how to cut down on spam Next: Re: [FT] Missile magazines