Prev: Modelling Next: Re: Beer Crates!

Re: Modelling

From: Mark Reindl <mreindl@p...>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 16:00:16 -0700
Subject: Re: Modelling

Thomas Barclay wrote:

> so-so for FT ships). OTOH, I can't believe anyone
> uses accelerators! The superglues I use always
> seem to dry (if anything) faster than I'd prefer.
> Of course, I apply them sparingly as the
> instructions call for which actually leads to
> a stronger bond than if you applied to thick
> of a coat. Epoxy is okay, but superglue is
> easy .

I use accelerator when I want to use the superglue to fill a gap.  For
example, I use it on Battletech miniatures to glue them to the hex
bases, then fill the base with the superglue, spritz a bit of
accelerator on it, and watch it harden to a point where you'd need a
diamond drill to get the sucker out (in addition to that, it makes it
easier to flock the bases).  I've also used it to good effect on my FT
ships, and as a result I've not had any pop off the flight bases
(although I've had one or two of the pins snap off when they've been
subjected to sufficiently violent (and accidental) force.

Mark