Prev: Re: Beer Crates! Next: Re: Modelling

Modelling

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 18:39:46 -0400
Subject: Modelling

1. Hello to our new Swedish vic...er....member!
:)   (And no, I won't hold Oerjan against you....)
<*VBG!*>

2) Yes, my little guys, when they die, show the
face of the Queen (giving their lives for the
Queen and all that). I find the maple leaf side of
the canadian penny is a bit flatter and makes
for a bit better bonding.

3) Superglue has good strength versus forces
that attempt to separate glued components
perpendicularly without rotation. It does much
less well against twists. (This is why it is only
so-so for FT ships). OTOH, I can't believe anyone
uses accelerators! The superglues I use always
seem to dry (if anything) faster than I'd prefer.
Of course, I apply them sparingly as the
instructions call for which actually leads to
a stronger bond than if you applied to thick
of a coat. Epoxy is okay, but superglue is
easy .

4) I prefer pennies to washers as they make
figure storage in Chessex cases and tackle
boxes easier. The 1" washers are just too big
to fit comfortably in a "lying" position in most
of my containment apparatus. Also, I find
movement through forested board sections,
within trench sections or buildings, and in urban
terrain are much facilitated by the smaller
basings. Now, the IDEAL solution would be a
magnetic disk about the size of the penny.
I'm contemplating (without success yet) some
easy method to get a magnetic add on to
the pennies (flexible magstrip maybe, but
getting it cut round might be a pain).

That's my 0.02.
Thomas Barclay
Co-Creator of http://www.stargrunt.ca
Stargrunt II and Dirtside II game site

No Battle Plan Survives Contact With Dice.
-- Mark 'Indy' Kochte

Prev: Re: Beer Crates! Next: Re: Modelling