Prev: Re: Air Power was: REALITY CHECK TIME! Next: Modelling: How to remove epoxy

Re: Spiky Bits

From: "John Crimmins" <johncrim@v...>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 10:26:04 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Spiky Bits

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002 08:42:33 -0400, "Hudak, Michael"
<mihudak@state.pa.us> wrote :

> Can anyone recommend a place where I can get a bunch of hand weapons
(melee) that would fit 25/28mm miniatures?  I'm pretty sure GW sells
bits,
but I'd like to see what else is out there.  Doesn't necessarily have to
be medieval.  Billy clubs and baseball bats would work too.

If it's something as simple as clubs, you might be best off making them
from plastic rods.
Simple, and cheaper than the alternative.

> I've got an idea I want to try for ECC next year (If I can actually
pull off this time around.) and need some parts to scatter.

> Oh, and if one of the bits is a chainsaw, so much the better.  :-)

GW has chainSWORDS galore, but I've only seen two 25mm chainsaws...both
OOP right now.

One was from a Grenadier Call of Cthulhu/Nightmares pack, with a trio of
maniacs in it.

The other was from a really weird Ral Partha figure.  He looked like
Leonard Nimoy in  some
kind of (non Trek) uniform, and came with four or five weapon options.
One was an M16, another
was a chainsaw.  The pack was labeled "Bobber Spumetti", if that means
anything to anyone.

--
John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: Air Power was: REALITY CHECK TIME! Next: Modelling: How to remove epoxy