Prev: Re: painting supremacy vehicles Next: [OT] Bun-Bun

[OT] Bun-Bun

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 22:17:31 -0400
Subject: [OT] Bun-Bun

Just read John Ringo's new bookWhen the Devil Dances, which is #3 in
the set that started with Hymn Before Battle and continued with Gust
Front.	If you liked Hymn, you'll like this one.  If you haven't read
Hymn, you can download the whole thing from Baen Free Library at
www.baen.com .	Sort of along the lines of David Drake, but not quite
as gritty.

The one thing that irritated me is that he uses the Posleen (voracious
alien centaurs) term for several  different units ranks, and I wasn't
able to keep track of what they meant.	If I'd been a little more
caffeinated, I'd have gone looking until I found the glossary in the
back of the book.  And I'd also have found the topographic maps, also
at the back of the book, which cover the battle areas.

On the other hand, it has a 7000 ton mobile anti-ship artillery
vehicle which fires 16" antimatter shells and is named Bun-Bun.  If
naming an Ogre-type vehicle after a lop-eared rabbit seems a little
odd, go to www.sluggy.com and find the bunny with the switchblade.

Prev: Re: painting supremacy vehicles Next: [OT] Bun-Bun