Prev: Re: [SG] Discussion about weekend questions - Vehicle HW's Next: IJN vs IFN

Re: painting supremacy vehicles

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 15:35:35 -0500
Subject: Re: painting supremacy vehicles

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 02:47:33 -0400, "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@magma.ca>
wrote:

>Some plastics just don't like holding paint.
>Some of the 1/72 or 1/76 scale plastic army
>men are hard plastic, others are a softer kind
>that loves to flake off paint. Such seems to be
>the way of the world and not much to do about
>it....

Umm... yes there is! There are all sorts of options that you have to
make soft
plastic army men keep their paint. I did some reading on this. I can
give
anyone references to pages if they want, but the easiest one (I read
about it
in a message by Frank Chadwick of GDW fame) is to paint on watered down
white
glue (the stuff you get from Woodland Scenics is the same stuff,
pre-watered).
You paint it on fairly thick, and keep brushing it out of the folds
where it
will settle in white until it sets. The result is a clear, flexible coat
that
wraps around the paint. No flaking, by all accounts.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"
 - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator:

Prev: Re: [SG] Discussion about weekend questions - Vehicle HW's Next: IJN vs IFN