Prev: RE: [FT] Missile magazines Next: Re: painting supremacy vehicles

Re: [SG] Discussion about weekend questions - Vehicle HW's

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 15:30:10 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG] Discussion about weekend questions - Vehicle HW's

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002 23:55:59 -0400, Adrian Johnson
<adrian.johnson@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Why not the FC die?  The idea is that the vehicle's FC system is
slightly
>less effective when the vehicle is moving, similar to today's systems.
>Stabilization might be really good, but it is always going to be a bit
>tougher to do a moving shot than one from rest.

As TomB points out in a later message, stabilization is pretty good
today.

I was thinking the QD instead of the FC die to make it consistent with
other
potential rules that might want to allow something similar for, say,
infantry
(which don't have a FC die, have multiple support dice, but always have
the
QD). In retrospect, it's easier to shift the range die _only_. Currently
the
range die is all that gets shifted (unless the shift is open). It keeps
the
game simple if you just shift the range die up and down.

>Looking at them all, I think maybe shifting the range band up by one
>automatically is best.  Particularly if also using the increased size
>vehicle rangebands...

That's another thing! If QD is used for range band size determination,
newbie
may get confused as to when to apply the QD to determine the range band:
before the QD shift or after? Just make the range die the one that
shifts and
everyone is happy.

>Ok, so just to be clear:
>
>if a vehicle is taking a "move and shoot" action, the range to the
>vehicle's target is shifted up one rangeband.
>
>if a vehicle is taking a "move and shoot" action and tries a combat
move,
>the range to the vehicle's target is shifted up two rangebands,
>irrespective of what the distance actually moved is.
>
>That right?

Yep, that sounds right.

>How about the range penalties, AND either the FC die or the Quality die
get
>shifted down one?
>
>Is that too much of a penalty?

I think so. I think the one thing shifting is good enough...

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"
 - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator:

Prev: RE: [FT] Missile magazines Next: Re: painting supremacy vehicles