Prev: [SG2] Vehicles and Heavy Weapons Next: UNSC TO&E

UNSC Company TO&E

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 03:24:05 -0400
Subject: UNSC Company TO&E

1) Did I see an EW operator with the company
HQ or platoon HQs? Might want to.

2) Might want to add 1 squad of pioneers with
the company. It isn't like having full engineers,
but it would help to have some guys trained in
demolitions and mine clearance (or at least
detection). Six guys ought to do.

3) I think Marine hardshell (if using UNSC figs)
ought to be D10 armour, but YMMV.

4) Armour 2 is allowed for VTOLs. In fact, I think
armour 3 is, but you'd have to be size 3 to
accomodate that. (That's DS2 talking....)

5) You might want your AVs to have Sup ECM
and Decoy Launchers for their protection.

6) Might want to note scout section as having
advanced sensors (superior?).

7) Support section might alternatively replace
any GMS soldier with PIG. (UNSC has a PIG
figure so I figure your TO&E should include it).

8) You might want to attach a two man medic
team (perhaps as part of the platoon HQs).
(Philosophy point: These guys should be
administratively part of the platoon, but act as
a separate game element so they can move to
where the wounded are without tying up the
command squad, just as your sniper should act
as an individual figure for the same reason).

Thought I hate the AV-6/AV-9 models (UGLY)
and myself will be using Devilfish and
Hammerheads (long live the Tau!) with my UNSC
Marines, I like your TO&E. It mostly makes
sense for Marines given their intervention
profiles. They would want some CAP/Ortillery
protection as the AV-9s would be meat for
aerospace fighters or big HEL air defense
weapons, but it's a nicely designed force.

Tomb.

Thomas Barclay
Co-Creator of http://www.stargrunt.ca
Stargrunt II and Dirtside II game site

No Battle Plan Survives Contact With Dice.
-- Mark 'Indy' Kochte

Prev: [SG2] Vehicles and Heavy Weapons Next: UNSC TO&E