Prev: Re: [SG] Another pass through heavy weapons Next: Re: REALITY CHECK TIME!

Re: REALITY CHECK TIME!

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 15:29:50 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: REALITY CHECK TIME!

--- Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:

> >the troops riding in the troop compartment, well,
> they too would  be
> >aware of the mess that used to be the TC   if the
> crew and troop
> >compartments are not divided by a bulkhead.
>
> I don't think there are many APCs that do this. None
> that I know of at least.

Ummm. . . M-2 Bradley Fighting Vehicle.  There's a
door between the crew in the turret and the dismounts
in the troop compartment.

Been there, done that.

> Hopefully the track doesn't start backing up just as
> they've started
> to debuss. That or neutral steer. Tracks that move

Umm. . . have any of you guys ever gotten out of a
goddamn track??

The DRIVER is the one that lowers the ramp.  You
cannot rapidly debus the vehicle without the driver's
knowledge.  It's that way for a REASON, that being the
one you cited.	You can go out the troop door, but
that's not fast.  You can also jump out the troop
hatch on the top of an M-113, but that's a bit risky
under the best of circumstances.  I wouldn't do it
unless the track was stopped.

> re-enacting. Some german or some allied re-enactor
> thinking getting
> up close to an AFV is a good idea, the driver not
> knowing he's there
> an *squish*. When a wheeled vehicle can reverse as
> fast as it goes
> forwards it can be unpredictable. Oh and with three

Crap.  A smart and fast troop can get as close as he
wants and it's pretty safe.

John

Prev: Re: [SG] Another pass through heavy weapons Next: Re: REALITY CHECK TIME!