Prev: Re: [SG] Another weekend question Next: [OT]Hordes of the Things

Re: REALITY CHECK TIME!

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 12:39:03 -0500
Subject: Re: REALITY CHECK TIME!

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:44:44 -0500 (CDT), DAWGFACE47@webtv.net wrote:

>is there anyone here on this list, that really believes, rules or no
>rules, that if an APC or IFV sucks up a  serious hit (serious-not
>catastropic), that the grunts in the back ARE NOT GONNA KNOW ABOUT
>IT???????????????????

I don't think anyone was arguing they wouldn't know that the vehicle was
hit,
just whether or not they had to bail out of the vehicle. You may not
know if
the crew of the vehicle bailed (depending on the layout of the vehicle,
noise,
and smoke) but I think we were all pretty much in agreement that
everyone knew
the vehicle was hit.

My own house rules make bailing out the default action, with a
confidence test
required to stay in the vehicle. Sometimes you may want to stay in the
vehicle. Perhaps the vehicle is a GEV skimming across some sort of
quicksand
lake. The squaddies may have a chance of getting sucked under/drowned if
they
bailed. In this case, staying in the vehicle may be a better bet.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"
 - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator:

Prev: Re: [SG] Another weekend question Next: [OT]Hordes of the Things