Prev: Re: [SG] Another weekend question Next: Re: REALITY CHECK TIME!

Re: [SG] Another weekend question

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 12:38:51 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG] Another weekend question

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 12:30:24 -0400, Ryan M Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>Serioiusly. What idiots would stay in the vehicle if the driver,
>gunner and commander yell bail out and then flee through their
>hatches or escape doors?

Here's the house rule that I use. I'm going to have to rewrite it with
the
regard to both a vehicle crew and a squad in the vehicle.

Vehicle Bail Out Modifications

The Stargrunt II rules are somewhat unclear as to what happens to a
squad
inside a vehicle when the vehicle is disabled. The interpretation I use,
which
was assumed by several people on the GZG mailing list, is that when a
vehicle
is disabled the squad gets to bail out of the vehicle for free. However,
the
squad is automatically suppressed once it bails out, due to it having
been
fired on. As per the vehicle rules, the squad may have to make a morale
roll
due to sustaining casualties.

A squad won't always want to bail out of a disabled vehicle. While it's
usually very unhealthy to remain in a disabled vehicle, sometimes it is
better option for the squad than bailing out. The vehicle bail out rule
modifications are as follows:

- On a non-penetrating hit, the vehicle takes a suppression marker, as
per the
rules. The occupants can not leave until this is removed.
- On a penetrating hit that destroys the vehicle, the occupants test for
casualties as normal. They immediately bail out of the vehicle 6 inches,
but
they are given a suppression result.
- On a penetrating hit that disables the vehicle, the occupants test for
casualties as normal. The squad may bail out as per a destroyed vehicle,
and
are given a suppression result. On a successful Confidence Test of 1/2/4
for
high/med/low motivation troops, the squad may stay in the disabled
vehicle
instead of bailing out, but they still receive a suppression marker.
- On a penetrating hit that disables or destroys an already disabled
vehicle,
the occupants test for casualties as normal. They immediately bail out
of the
vehicle 6 inches, but they are given a suppression result. When a
vehicle is
disabled for a second time, it is treated as destroyed for the purposes
of
vehicle bail out.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"
 - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator:

Prev: Re: [SG] Another weekend question Next: Re: REALITY CHECK TIME!