Prev: Re: Planetary Protection Officer Next: Re: Planetary Protection Officer

Re: Planetary Protection Officer

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:30:18 -0400
Subject: Re: Planetary Protection Officer

Allan Goodall wrote:

[...]
> I also saw, in the same programme, that there's a good chance of a
planet
> killer striking the Earth in, I think it was, 2840. It was sometime in
the
> 2800s anyway. Not that any of _us_ will have to worry about it, but
that seems
> awfully close by historically speaking.

Asteroid 1950 DA, tenatively scheduled for Earth Rendezvous And Docking
(ERAD) around 2880*. Beat the rush, get your travel plans and vacation
packages squared away now! On Feb 24/25 GZG ECC DCCCLXXXII will be going
on with a bang!

Indy

* for further reading:

Prev: Re: Planetary Protection Officer Next: Re: Planetary Protection Officer