Prev: Re: Multi-genre Dirtside II at conventions... Next: Re: [SG] more ww2

Re: [SG] more ww2

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet@t...>
Date: 15 Jul 2002 10:41:32 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG] more ww2

Just to drag this down into a semantical nightmare, hopefully skirting
the issue or ballistics and whatnot:

How do you define "powerful" in order to compare the relative power or
rifles vs. grenades?

Certainly an assault rifle puts more firepower into the hands of a
soldier than a heavier calibre bolt-action...  Unless you're only
looking at the power of a single round fired from each weapon.

Grenades of WWII had less explosive force, and produced fewer fragments
than today's grenades, but the fragments were larger and, according to a
dubious source, able to inflict wounds and larger distances than
fragments from today's grenades (should you happen to be hit by one).

Short version:	I don't have an answer, but I can complicate the issue
just fine!  *grin*

--

--Flak Magnet
Hive Fleet Jaegernaught

"...why I'm so sympathetic to the monsters. The answer is simple.

Prev: Re: Multi-genre Dirtside II at conventions... Next: Re: [SG] more ww2