Prev: Re: [OT] The dangers of believing mass media "journalists" when they drool on themselves while pontificating on military affairs of which they are completely ignorant, was Re: The new US Army APC the "Stinger" Next: Re: [SG2] Assaulting from IP

Re: [OT] The dangers of believing mass media "journalists" when they drool on themselves while pontificating on military affairs of which they are completely ignorant, was Re: The new US Army APC the "Stinger"

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 08:58:02 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] The dangers of believing mass media "journalists" when they drool on themselves while pontificating on military affairs of which they are completely ignorant, was Re: The new US Army APC the "Stinger"

At 11:44 PM -0500 7/1/02, Scott Siebold wrote:

>	 can go 60+ miles per hour - that's how fast the vehicle could
>go on level ground in perfect condition

My ferret does ~55mph on level ground. Up hills she's slower. I
haven't had the Dingo up to full speed yet, but I suspect it will get
there as well. The nice thing about a wheeled vehicle is that it can
road march long distances quickly where as a tracked vehicle can't do
so as well on its own. If you do, you're adjusting tracks when you
get to the destination.
Ryan Gill		  rmgill@mindspring.com
	 |	  |
     1960 Daimler Ferret     1942 Daimler Dingo