Prev: Re: The new US Army APC the "Stinger" Next: Re: Site containing most "In Character" ship designs

Re: [ft] Modeling Conversion - Custom Spaceships

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 18:04:52 +0200
Subject: Re: [ft] Modeling Conversion - Custom Spaceships

Adrian Johnson wrote:

 >http://www.stargrunt.ca/acj/alex_ships/two_ships_front.htm

[...]

 >These ships are created from bits of current FT ships.  I think
they're
 >Japanese fleet bits, but I'm not sure.

UNSC bits, not Japanese. From what I can see, the larger ship consists
of
bits from 2 Gaia-class SDNs (FT-1112):

The forward hulls are placed belly to belly
The rear half of the "X-wing" from each model sits directly on the
forward hull
The engines are mounted in the socket on the rear wing bit as usual

The smaller ship consists of the forward hull, rear half-wing and
engines
from an FT-1112, plus four wing-tips from two dismembered rear half-wing
bitz placed in an "X" configuration.

All in all it looks as if Alex bought 3 FT-1112 kits but got rear-halfs
for
the "X wings" only (ie. 6 rear halfs, no forward halfs instead of 3 of
each).

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: The new US Army APC the "Stinger" Next: Re: Site containing most "In Character" ship designs