Prev: UFTWWWP Update Next: RE: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers

Weapons and bullets

From: John Sowerby <sowerbyj@f...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 13:41:18 -0400
Subject: Weapons and bullets

At 10:27 AM 6/25/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>--- Ryan M Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>  I'd also
>  expect that the kind of rounds that hunters and
> > farmers would tend to have on hand would be
>  much more geared for taking down big nasty
> > animals vs killing a Eurie trooper.
>
>The hunting rounds would be more likely to kill/
>mame a person than military rounds.

This is an interesting point. As part of my BSc, I took a course in
Planetary Geology, which included something on impact cratering
experiments
performed using hyper velocity guns. Turns out the US military wanted to

test these as possible infantry weapons, but after trying them, rejected

the idea as they were too efficient at killing. (Shock waves from impact

pretty much mushed the insides of the dead pigs they tried them on).

The idea is that a wounded enemy has a bigger morale and logistical
effect
than a dead one.

John S.

---

Prev: UFTWWWP Update Next: RE: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers