Prev: Re: [HIST??] Culture shock Next: Re: Enemy Appreciations and SOPs

Re: JUNGLE PATROL

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:10:19 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: JUNGLE PATROL

--- KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de wrote:

> Certainly, if the primitives have fire, that would
> stand out on
> thermal/IR scanners carried by UAVs or satellites.
> Without fire, things
> might be a bit more iffy.

Are you sure??

Given a hunter-gatherer society (with the usual low
population density), there probably wouldn't be any
traces that were not indistinguishable from wildfires
and other natural sources.  I can easily imagine
(especially as humans havn't, in the GZG-verse, run
across any non-spacefaring non-human settlements) that
standard procedure will be to listen for radio signals
and do an orbital survey that looks for major
identifiable signatures like concentrated settlements
(ie cities), irrigation networks, and road networks.

After all, with an impact of d4 and the limited
effective range of self bows, they aren't that much of
a threat to fully-armored or power-armored troops.

John

Prev: Re: [HIST??] Culture shock Next: Re: Enemy Appreciations and SOPs