Prev: Re: [HIST??] Culture shock Next: Re: [HIST??] Culture shock

Re: [HIST??] Culture shock

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 08:07:49 EDT
Subject: Re: [HIST??] Culture shock

Beth, How about...

Scenario (1) (FT) You brush away a screen of older 'reserve' ships in
their equivalent of the Border Police? (Lot's of Beam 1 and some Beam 2,
no screen, no armor, mostly Thrust 2 and 4 no advanced drives,
yayda-yada-yada.)

Scenario 2 (SG) You meet the local militia (in the worst sense) using
French WW1 mind set/tactics and a _lot_ of troops but with 10% (1's)/
30%
(2's)/ 60% (3's) for leadership who attack your new colony on a
'claimed'
(not known to humans) but not 'populated' planet?

Scenario 3 (DS2) the local response force (used to quelling local
natives
in rebellion thing) strikes with their wheeled/tracked HVC/RFAC infantry
heavy force ("why do we need Artillery?") comes to reclaim their colony.

Role Playing ideas: The small local (actually imported non-indigenous
types for 'manual labor' role) low-intelligent species [several
generations removed from their own language, speaking only broken "Speak
to Masters" language, and actually believing they are 'created to
serve',
yada-yada-yada] alternately gives you over glorified (initially)
expectations of the enemy followed by the "You must be Gods" awe view.
Most players will let this affect them one way or another.

Scenario 4 (it should be about scenario seven but most won't have the
time...)  (any rules) When the "82nd Airborne/Commandoes/Galactic
Guards/whatever" elite strike force of the ruling hegemony show up....
(MUCh's for DS2, Cheap reliable Gauss rifles for SG2, advanced goodies
for the FT thing) and make life interesting.  What the player doesn't
know is that due to budget considerations these guys ARE the enemy
Army/Space Forces and if they persist in bloodying them, they will cause
the Alien plutocracy to collapse!)

Just something off the cuff.  Lots of holes I can already see in
reviewing the spelling but a start...

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: [HIST??] Culture shock Next: Re: [HIST??] Culture shock