Prev: Re: Anti-matter Next: RE: [OT]Infantry computer training

RE: [DS] Piquet Style (was Culture shock)

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 10:06:59 -0400
Subject: RE: [DS] Piquet Style (was Culture shock)

Donough said:
>How about draw Quality & Leadership chits the first time they are
required
for game mechanics.

That wouldn't really do it--among other things, you *should* know
whether your units are experienced or not, and you should have at least
an idea whether your leaders are blithering idiots or not.  You may not
be sure whether he's a 2 or a 1, but you'd know he's not a 3.

Ideally you'd have one table for each player plus a third table for the
game masters.  In fact, we're going to do this for Avalon Hill's Midway
next weekend.

You might use a combination of blocks (like Columbia Games) for real
units and dummies.
You could have the blocks face down, so no one knows what they are. When
they contact an enemy, turn your own unit so you can see what it is.
Turn all units not in contact with enemy face down at the end of the
turn.  Each player gets to secretly select 3-4 of his opponent's
face-down pieces, and switch them with other nearby enemy pieces.

Assign playing cards to each unit and activate them only when their card
comes up.  Have a few "commander's choice" cards
Have unit movement be subject to deviation, like artillery.  Yellow
units roll d12 for distance, elites roll d4...

Prev: Re: Anti-matter Next: RE: [OT]Infantry computer training