Prev: RE: Re: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic and useless celebrating re: World Cup Next: [SG & DS] Vehicle construction questions

Re: [OT] Completely off-topic and useless celebrating re: World Cup

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 13:33:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic and useless celebrating re: World Cup

--- Allan Goodall <agoodall@att.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 09:01:35 -0700 (PDT), John
> Atkinson
> <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >Always known about it, just didn't know we were
> better
> >at it than most of the planet.
>
> *LOL* That's _one_ way to interpret getting into the
> round of 8...

Well, you gotta figure that that means we are no worse
than 8th place.  Which means out of over 150 countries
in the world (I don't know how many actually have
World Cup teams, but it's safe to say we're better
than those that don't) we're better than all but 7 of
them.

And some of those seven are pretty tiny, so whether
you're using number of countries, land area, or
population, we're better than most of the world. . .

John