Prev: Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers Next: Re: [FMA] OU take the interstellar Cup

RE: [Figs] Modern or scifi compatible

From: Scott Siebold <gamers@a...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 00:08:15 -0500
Subject: RE: [Figs] Modern or scifi compatible

It seems as if SciFi  figures get  a new upgrade every couple of years.
This
corresponds with the release of a popular SciFi movie or series of books
or popular set of miniatures (see I do support GZG). I am rather
fortunate
 in that I bought all that great stuff and painted some and stored the
stuff
 I wasn't ready to paint when I ran across it (yes I am a miniature's
packrat).

In 25mm the first set I ran across was from a company called McEwan
minatures. I ended up purchasing 10 seperate forces of platoon strength
(40 to 110 figures). I also have about 10+ additional platoons of other
races
from other companies that I have run across. The only problem with 25mm
is a shortage of  buildings in prebuilt condition and the cost of them
when you
do find them.

I went to 6mm because it gave me not only the figures but also the
buildings
I wanted. It also gave me battalion size games on a 1 to 1 scale (OK 2
to 1
for non PA Inf.).  At last count I had 800+ vehicles 150+ buildings and
5 bn
of Inf (2 painted). Throw in 100+ Battlemechs and landing craft and drop
ships ( preproduction runs that never went into production) and it gets
interesting.

					Scott Siebold
					gamers@ameritech.net
P.S. Have a friend who matches me in 6mm vehicles and has 450+
Battlemechs.

Prev: Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers Next: Re: [FMA] OU take the interstellar Cup