Prev: Re: Re:Space is Really Big...and a Proton is really small Next: HARD SCIENCE OR FUN?

Re: IF stuff. . .

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 07:43:27 -0400
Subject: Re: IF stuff. . .

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com>

----<snip>---
> DO respond onlist with comments on the technical
> aspects (ie, the TO&E itself/my opinion thereof,
> rather than my opinion of the fighting qualities of
> the average Arab).

My picture of the IF's fighting qualities, at least for the off-Earth
forces, is a bit different from John's--no surprise.

The bit about marksmen being untrained is relative--if you're using
the Marksman rules on stargrunt.ca, they're trained, just not up to
"sniper" level.
The bit about the mortars being inaccurate--the history of my attempts
with artillery bears him out.  :-(
 Putting a FAO in every platoon should in theory fix this.
The platoon headquarters is administratively one squad but functions
as separate teams--command, heavy weapons, EW, medic.
I'm not sure what John means about the squads not having automatic
weapons since every squad has a SAW and an auto-grenade launcher.  An
intact IF squad has FP18 from its rifles, so once they're IP they
usually split fire, FP8+AGL+QD, then FP10+SAW+QD.

Prev: Re: Re:Space is Really Big...and a Proton is really small Next: HARD SCIENCE OR FUN?