Prev: [SG] Point costs. Next: Re: DS/SG Landings

Re: DS/SG Landings

From: Alderfek@a...
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 11:35:26 -0400
Subject: Re: DS/SG Landings

(KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de)
> wrote:
>
> > But assume ressources are limited.
> > Assault landers/recovery vehicles are expensive/rare/take up lots of
> > cargo space, drop pods are cheap/plentyful/easily stowed.
>
> Sorry, I have trouble seeing disposable drop pods as being
> more cost
> or space affective than a reusable drop ship.
>
> Roger

The way I get around droppods is this. Infantry and mecha pods are
stowed on the outside of the "mothership". These take no interior space
of the ship and are connected via a docking hardpoint which is part of
the ship. My dropships can also be pre-loaded and docked this way or
stored in hanger bays of which then they take up the internal space
requirements.

Most of my capital ships can also carry these externally docked pods and
dropships.

For dedicated transport ships, I divide the mass of the ship by 2 and
round up for Infantry pods. For mecha pods and dropship hardpoints, I
divide by 5 and round up. So a assault transport of mass 60 could have
hardpoints for 30 infantry pods or 12 docked dropships or any combo in
between depending on how the transport is designed.

Kirk Alderfer

Webelos Leader-Pack 23
Mechanical Designer
Wargamer

Prev: [SG] Point costs. Next: Re: DS/SG Landings