Prev: RE: PCS/NPCS AND UNLIMITED SCENARIO IDEAS Next: RE: Beginner's SG AND SNIPER TEAM.

Re: SG2 Great War: Comms

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 14:29:39 -0500
Subject: Re: SG2 Great War: Comms

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002 21:02:16 +0200, KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de
(K.H.Ranitzsch)
wrote:

>The main problem I see here is the often considerable delay between
issuing
>and executing an order. You need some form of written orders to handle
this,
>I guess. Not a convenient mechanism.

In practice it hasn't been that big of a deal.

A runner can move 12" in a turn using both actions. In two turns he can
run
24", and this is assuming that the figure does not do combat moves. Once
he
arrives, he automatically gives the receiving squad a Transfer Action.

It rarely takes a runner more than two moves to get to a squad (unless,
of
course, he's been shot part way). If you want, you can write down the
squad he
is going to. Technically, you should also write the kind of action that
will
be transferred, but in practice that isn't necessary. What usually ends
up
happening is that the runner gets to the squad he was ordered to run to,
but
by the time he gets there that isn't the squad that the commander really
wants
to give the action to!

In practice, platoon and company commanders stick closer to the action
so that
they can transfer commands automatically within the 6" range. It works
quite
well.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"
 - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator:

Prev: RE: PCS/NPCS AND UNLIMITED SCENARIO IDEAS Next: RE: Beginner's SG AND SNIPER TEAM.