Prev: SG Great War (or the War To End All Wars... Almost) Next: RE: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING

Re: Completely off-topic question about American roads.

From: "Neil" <rppl@p...>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 16:02:42 -0700
Subject: Re: Completely off-topic question about American roads.

> >I've noticed, in movies and the like, that some US roads in cities
> >have lanes labelled "Fire Lane".
> >
> >What are the rules about those? I'm imagining it's something like
> >"don't be stationary in this lane" - is this near the mark?
>
> Basically.  No parking or stopping.  The area is reserved so emergency

> vehicles can have easy access.

This reminds me of a recent course I was on where the French speaking
instructor told us to set up near the "fire trees", after getting him to
repeat this several times we finally asked him to spell it "F-I-R".
Failed

Prev: SG Great War (or the War To End All Wars... Almost) Next: RE: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING