Prev: Re: Independence Day Next: Re: [SG] conversion for WWs

Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING

From: Popeyesays@a...
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 07:34:26 EDT
Subject: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING

DAWGFACE47@webtv.net writes:

> also	have you ANYTHING TO   share  about the using of real life
jerks,
> idiots, sleazoids, historicl figures, and  actor's charactors from
> movies  as a verbal short hand in making positive gaming IDs for NPC
> developement	and ID? as part of gaming scenarios?

Modeling an NPC or game scenario personality using real-life or movie
roles
is an okay thing. I balk however, at the shorth-hand involved in saying
"like
Sean Connery in Outland".  Seems to me to be a less than optimal way to
describe what the Player Character sees, feels, experiences, from the
world
which, however inadequately we might describe, ideally should have the
same
vibrancy as real life.
My two cents worth . . .

Prev: Re: Independence Day Next: Re: [SG] conversion for WWs