Prev: WARNING - ON TOPIC - INDEPENDANCE DAY Next: Re: WARNING - ON TOPIC - INDEPENDANCE DAY

Re: [SG] conversion for WWs

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 22:50:54 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG] conversion for WWs

> Do bolt action rifles count as Low-Tech Assault Rifles or are they
poorer
> still?

FP1 if you're feeling kind, otherwise FP0.5

>And the tommy guns are they OK to be treated just as SAWs?

no, more like basic assault rifles, probably with lower range and
penetration

> I guess
> it'd be OK if both sides were using WWIIish troops, but what if I'm
> spring them on Derek's NSL Panzergren's?

Better have a numbers advantage.  Assuming the panzergrens have built
in helmet comms and the WW2 guys do not, that will do you in right
there.
Ideally you'll have a GM.  Issue your plan at the beginning of the
game.  Your units move according to the plan, except when you can make
a comms roll to pass a command along.  You can only attempt a comms
roll if both units have a radio (probably only platoon leaders
element) or if they're within a few inches of each other.  Oh, and if
the panzergrens have an EW trooper along, you can probably forget the
radio.

Prev: WARNING - ON TOPIC - INDEPENDANCE DAY Next: Re: WARNING - ON TOPIC - INDEPENDANCE DAY