Prev: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING Next: Re: [SG] conversion for WWs

WARNING - ON TOPIC - INDEPENDANCE DAY

From: "Neil" <rppl@p...>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 18:57:31 -0700
Subject: WARNING - ON TOPIC - INDEPENDANCE DAY

Just to try and bring something related to playing with toy soldiers to
the
list here is an alternate background.

Independance Day/Gulf War 2
After the destruction of the Alien mother ship in the movie Independance
Day not all of the Aliens were destroyed. Some fled to certain third
world
countries that would have them, notably Iraq. This sets the stage for
the
Gulf War2. This will give you a chance to use your modern armour figures
with some Sci-Fi stuff.

Aliens
I figure the aliens would be represented by fighters, power armour and
walkers. The aliens would still have their force fields but these would
not
be as powerful as in the movies because in the meantime counters had
been
developed by examining captured vehicles ( ie if we coat our rounds with
non-conductor they have a 50/50 chance of passing through the force
field)

Iraq
Would have pretty much	the military it has today, I am sure some list
members can give some ideas of TOE with some Alien technology added
(T-72
with force field). For game purposes, consider that Iraq and some of
it's
allies were not hit as hard as the western powers because they were not
seen as a big threat, so suddenly it's military has become the big fish
by
default.

The West
During the initial Alien assault, western powers were badly damaged and
much of their best weapons and equipment were destroyed. So going into
the
gulf they are bringing in second line troops and equipment (M60's
instead
of Abrams) also some minor allies that escaped the notice of the Aliens
now
have some of most undisrupted units ( Denmark, Canada etc) and have
become
major players. The allies would also be making use of captured Alien
equipment and modifyng their equipment (M113-L the new and improved apc
with laser pintal mount)

These are just some ideas to hopefully give some new scenarios and
hopefully not degenerate into another flame war. That way you can have
the
US coast guard taking on Alien grav tanks trying to attack Florida from
Cuba.

Prev: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING Next: Re: [SG] conversion for WWs