Prev: Re: 25mm adventurers Next: Re: AMERICANS

[FH] FCT founding talk

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@y...>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 11:09:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [FH] FCT founding talk

--- Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:
> G'day John,
>
> >	 I would suggest that the FCT starts at the
> > same level of experience and ability the NAC
> > has when it is formed.  ...

> Why would they get this level already? Do you see
> they're separation as basically peaceful with ship
 etc attached to the deal?

Hi Beth,
     It would not be logical for the UK to not make
use of the facilities/people of the former U.S.
when going into space.	 The NAC fleet would
consist of a reasonably large number of former U.S.
citizens that would in time achieve positions of
responsibility, I.E. squadron/fleet command.
     The breakup would be peaceful, simply because
the number of warships under control of the FCT types
would, if combat ensued, cause the NAC to be
vulnerable
to the third party, read as ESU.
     Part of the rational comes from the FCT
background
I worked on for the 'Pedia.   The fleet survey I did
messed up some important concepts for the breakup of
NAC/FCT.   Or more precisely, since a major power had
150 warships per colonized system, I had a hard time
keeping the FCT fleet small enough to be believable
and large enough for a second/third rate power.
This was a few years and a few computers ago,
so the material is lost to me, there is some in
the E-mails of the time, if that can be found?

Bye for now,
John L.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: 25mm adventurers Next: Re: AMERICANS