Prev: Re: AMERICANS Next: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1175

Re: Cola Wars Re: [FH] americas

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 12:51:53 -0500
Subject: Re: Cola Wars Re: [FH] americas

On Fri, 31 May 2002 09:57:16 -0400 (EDT), "John Crimmins"
<johncrim@voicenet.com> wrote:

>Just remember: In the future, all restaurants are Taco Bell.  And
*they* have an exclusive
>contract with Pepsi....

*L* I laughed out loud at this. _Demolition Man_, a surprisingly good
movie
from a science fiction point of view. Okay, so it was mostly an action
movie,
it was also one of the few to actually attempt allegory.

>You know, some tongue-in-cheek corporate wars could make for a really
entertaining
>background.  And the paint jobs!  The Coca Cola Commandos, in their
stunning red and
>white uniforms!  The Mickey Mouse Marines, in powered armor topped by
little mouse
>ears!

The First Regiment of Food, the Big Mac One! I can see it already! Mind
you,
for a Cthulhupunk scenario I already came up with "reality shows"
(before
"reality shows" actually appeared!) fighting each other. Makes for
another use
for Jon's TV crew figures.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"
 - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator:

Prev: Re: AMERICANS Next: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1175