Prev: Many things Next: Re: The same old shit!!!

Nettings for 25mm helmets

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 22:13:13 -0400
Subject: Nettings for 25mm helmets

Beth,

There are some hobby co.s that make some
small fine netting (flexible) of either plastic or
fiber. They can be painted (dip probably the
easiest), cut and probably shaped. You could
probably find something equivalent in a fabric
store.... (Oh wait, you live in the ass-end of the
ass-end of nowhere.... hmmm... tougher
search....*grin*). My solution to this problem is
take an appropriate vaguely circular chunk of
this netting, paint the figure, dye dip the net
(can do two colours to get camo if you want),
then let it dry to at least a minorly damp level,
then soak the net with a bit of white glue/water
mix, then apply to helmet. This can also be used
to make bandana headcovers (soldiers
including myself used to use these small nets as
suncovers sometimes in place of helmet or
beret or boonie hat).

Sorry I have no name for you.... I dunno whose
it was I bought. I think it was tank or aircraft
netting in whatever (non-25mm) scale. But I'm
sure if you look around, you could find this stuff
or its equivalent.

Tomb.
Thomas Barclay
Co-Creator of http://www.stargrunt.ca
Stargrunt II and Dirtside II game site

No Battle Plan Survives Contact With Dice.
-- Mark 'Indy' Kochte

Prev: Many things Next: Re: The same old shit!!!