Prev: Re: [OT] UN civpol Next: Re: FFL

Re: [FH] IF, PAU, FSE and ESU (was RE: [OT] Frog Bashing)

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 18:13:19 +1000
Subject: Re: [FH] IF, PAU, FSE and ESU (was RE: [OT] Frog Bashing)

From: "Roger Burton West" <roger@firedrake.org>

> Well, it does sometimes seem to be the pick of the "European nations
> which Anglophones tend to regard as a bit of a military joke" list.
> Start with the French; fair enough. Then the Italians, the Spaniards,
> (OK, they had Harriers for a while), the Portugese, the Greeks...
> none of them is really a country to make someone brought up with the
> British or American military traditions pay much attention.
>
> Which is of course psychologically useful... :-)

Yup. First get em to underestimate you....

Of course ayone familar with, say, Italian Bersaglieri, Portugese
Cacciadores, Spanish Tercios or pretty much any of the Hellenic
army that fought in 1941 would be very wary of taking them at face
value.

Let's see, you're faced with 3 FSE units. VIII Bersaglieri, 2nd
Régiment Étranger de Parachutistes, and poncy-looking blokes in white
dresses, funny red hats and slippers with pom-poms on. "Evzones" or
something.

Une Morceau de Gateaux, right?
"Permission to change my armour, please Sir?"

Prev: Re: [OT] UN civpol Next: Re: FFL