Prev: Re: [FMAish] Portraits in Pewter Next: Re: [FH] IF, PAU, FSE and ESU (was RE: [OT] Frog Bashing)

Re: [OT] UN civpol

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 09:59:46 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [OT] UN civpol

John Atkinson schrieb:

> This also varies from mission to mission and from
> nation to nation.

It seems the UN decisionmakers are slowly learning from past mistakes.
My impression is that recent operations are done under more reasonable
rules than the early ones in the Balkans and Ruanda.

> KFOR is a whole 'nother world from, say, UNPROFOR.
>
> KFOR also no longer gets any media play because we

And the Germans, Brits, French, Italians, Spanish, Russians,
Ukrainians....

> more or less bloody well pacified that crappy little
> province by the time my unit rotated out.

Greetings

Prev: Re: [FMAish] Portraits in Pewter Next: Re: [FH] IF, PAU, FSE and ESU (was RE: [OT] Frog Bashing)