Prev: Re: [OT] Frog Bashing Next: Re: [OT] Frog Bashing

Re: [OT] Frog Bashing

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@y...>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 22:28:17 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [OT] Frog Bashing

--- Tony Christney <tchristney@telus.net> wrote:

> Why ... the normally sensible people ...
> are so easily drawn in by John ...
-------
Johns hard nosed opinions tend to create controversy
and comment, that frequently lead to interesting
counter comments or agreement by many.

> Times change. Nations that were once mighty are no
> longer.
-------
Actually, I cannot think of any 'people' who have
created an 'empire' and lost it, that have been
able to reach 'empire' status again.

> I would comment on John A.... if I thought
> that he was capable of looking past the wall of
> bigoted ignorance that he has erected.
-------
John A. shows the world through the eyes of the
soldier, he views the world as;
1) trusted allies, 2) possible traitors,
3) the enemy, 4) and those that do not count.

> > But I will say that had I been French ( shudder! )
> I'd be very very pissed-off at the lack of justice
in > some of the criticisms.
-------
The criticisms have been earned.

>> Especially from people who had such inglorious
>> debacles as the Fall of Singapore, the great
>> skedaddle at Kasserine, etc in their countries'
>> military history.
-------
Suprise attacks are normally successful.
The Germans lost at Kasserine!

Prev: Re: [OT] Frog Bashing Next: Re: [OT] Frog Bashing