Prev: armor penatration - angle is important Next: Smaller NAC members Re: Earth Map

Re: [OT] Frog Bashing

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 22:49:25 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Frog Bashing

At 6:16 PM -0700 5/28/02, Tony Christney wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Thank you Alan. Why is it that the normally sensible people on this
>list are so easily drawn in by John's incessant, bigoted trolls.

I dunno. John makes some really good points. Militarily the french
don't have anything to really brag about. We're not talking about
racism here. We're talking about military doctrine and ability (or
lach there of) to defend one's country from the same agressor over a
period of several decades.

>Times change. Nations that were once mighty are no longer. It is
>easy to say that they are plagued by military incompetence, or are
>culturally incapable of fielding an effective military. That is
>a hollow and incredibly weak argument. About the only culture that
>I have found that is fundamentally flawed in the military sense
>can be found here: http://www.haightashbury.org/
>
>I would comment on John A.'s drivel if I thought that he was capable
>of looking past the wall of bigoted ignorance that he has erected.
>The one time that I tried to discuss a point with him off-list he
>ignored my off-list email and chose to attack me in public.

*shrug*  I thought we were talking about the nation that bombed a
civilian protest group's ship, killed a man and defended themselves.
Then they're complaining when one of their ships gets dented prior to
a big race. Remember, these are the guys that withdrew from NATO and
pushed us out, as I hear it, the move of the HQ was so bitter, we
bulldozed the golf course that was on the post.

>I guess the irony was that I had started to write a message
>commending the list, and John in particular, for a month of reasoned,
>on topic discussion. Evidently that was several minutes premature.

It's a side topic. On this list, there are lots of side topics and
digressions. It happens given the broad depth of the game's concept
and scope. John A's not the only one calling the Frogs Frogs. But,
hey, I play the NAC and the Frogs are Frogs. Its part of the culture.
Would you prefer we be more PC and talk about Lutheran Bachlor
Farmers?
Ryan Gill			  rmgill@mindspring.com
	|	 |

Prev: armor penatration - angle is important Next: Smaller NAC members Re: Earth Map