Prev: RE: RE: Big Games Next: Re: WTF is FMA?

RE: Big Games

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 23:23:00 -0400
Subject: RE: Big Games

At 09:52 AM 5/23/02 +1000, you wrote:
>I don't know in our list of FMA games we've included we've spanned
"more
>sensible" scenarios like
>- 2 small military forces contact
>- extraction
>- strike on an outpost
>- New Stalingrad
>- amphibious landing
>- boarding party
>- local insurgents remove foreign armoury
>
>but we've also played things like
>- keep the flag
>- black powder muskets vs AARs
>- "greys" are coming to get you
>- the skeletal horde has the princess in the tower and we must save her
>(heroes with swords and magicians)
>- pub brawl
>- crap loads of bugs are overrunning our position
>- big ugly monsters scrap to the death (ever wanted to know what
happens
>when a xenomorph runs into a trooper bug or a dragon?)
>- cave clearing... oops was that a bug?
>- pirate wars (swinging from the rigging)
>- formula-one tanks
>- dino hunts
>- "action sequence" (think about all the corny movie things like chases
down
>hills, crocs in ponds underneath slippery logs you've got to teeter
across,
>the gapping chasm which you must cross by rope etc and then say "last
team
>standing wins")
>- drug baron raid
>- gang wars
>- we may well be illegally fishing/mining/etc etc... what you gonna do
about
>it?
>- 007 and the playgirl bunnies...

I like the way you think, he said in deep admiration.  I'm going to
shamelessly steal several of the above, I think.

>and a bunch of other ones the kids have come up with from time to time
(e.g.
>animal wars... what would you do if you were a giraffe and a lion was
>looking at you sideways?)

Giraffe: "Are you preyin' on me? Are YOU preyin' on ME?  Then who the
hell
else are you preyin' on, huh?"
  -- From Martin Scorsese's SAFARI DRIVER

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim

Prev: RE: RE: Big Games Next: Re: WTF is FMA?